Network of Excellence
Norell and LifeHOUSE combine forces to educate amputee patients thoroughly empowering them with the correct knowledge required to understand their benefits rights, prosthetic options, therapy and recovery expectations long before they actually become an amputee. We believe when patients have the opportunity to learn and understand the process prior to going through it, the success rate and positive outcomes for individual patients increases dramatically because they have time to prepare.
Losing a limb is a traumatizing experience, being ill-prepared for what to expect through-out this process can be devastating to a patients emotional state and severely jeopardize their motivation for recovery. Amputee patients require an effective continuum of care guaranteeing that all points of care responsible for their recovery remain invested in their progress and communicate regularly as a patient reaches specific benchmarks. The traditional prosthetic care model today does not accommodate for all of these factors. Amputee patients generally get bounced around from one point of care to another with little to NO communication between points of care and because of this their care suffers tremendously. Our innovative approach forges a powerful partnership and offers a network of excellence which virtually illuminates all of the issues that the traditional prosthetic care model is plagued by.
By getting us involved pre-amputation, we can effectively prepare patients for every aspect of what they are about to experience with our 5 Step Process:
1. Meet with one of our certified peer counselors who are all amputees themselves. During this consult pre-amputee patients have the opportunity to discuss all of their fears, issues and questions with an amputee who has been through their process.
2. Meet with their new Director of Patient Care. The director of patient care acts as a personal liaison for the amputee patient and is there to guide them through every step of the process ensuring that nothing gets missed along the way. The director of patient care remains with the patient for the life of their relationship with our organization.
3. Meet with their new practitioner. This will be the practitioner that continues to care for the patient for as long as they are a member of our network of excellence. The practitioner will go over all of the clinical aspects of what their life with a prosthetic device will be like etc…
4. Meet with their new OT and PT team, specifically the DOR’s in charge of their recovery and therapy, Connie and Ellen.
5. Meet their personal wound care nurse who work onsite at LifeHOUSE and is there to make sure there wounds and infections are minimized and always under control and aid in the healing process.
LOVING WHAT WE DO!
Sean, it was really nice meeting you yesterday. Last night was the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I only woke up twice instead of many times in order to adjust the other shrinker. I am looking forward to working with you and your team.
Wow! Aren’t you and Ian just wonderful! Thank you so much for your hard work and caring for our patients today. You have made a bit difference to their lives just by sharing your expertise today.
Let me know what I can do to help things move along.
"Thank you so much for the video. This is Trevor Pegg, David Pegg's son. We were able to have a family dinner together Christmas day and he he walked into my mom's house on his own two feet. Thank you so much for your hard work."
"Fantastic work, thanks so very much. It means so much to him and he's had nothing but high praise for his relationship with his prosthetic team."
"This company is amazing! They have gone above and beyond in making cervical braces for my 15 month old. Their customer service is amazing. Great Company!"
"Norell Prosthetics has provided me with a leg prosthesis that I have now worn for over two years. I am pleased with the professional and pleasant manner of the staff. Many thanks to you all."
" Taylor I just wanted to thank you so very much for everything you did for Geordie today. I haven't seen him this uplifted in weeks. Thanks so much for the practical advice. It is so good for him to talk to a peer. You sure are suited to your job!"