The Prosthetic Technician supports the Prosthetist in providing care to patients with partial or total absence of a limb by fabricating prostheses and their components. Under the guidance and with the consultation of the Prosthetist and/or the Prosthetic Assistant, the technician creates positive molds resulting in maximum fit, function, cosmetics and workmanship. The technician also repairs and maintains the prosthetic devices.
Orthotic and Prosthetic Technicians are expected to perform all duties below.
- Perform fabrication and repair of orthotic and/or prosthetic devices, according to Company quality and quantity standards.
- Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with blood borne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and hand skills needed to fabricate and repair prostheses (artificial limbs) and orthoses (orthopedic braces) according to patient measurements, casts and in compliance with a physician’s prescription
- Mechanical ability and hand-eye coordination to use laboratory tools safely and effectively.
- Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills for communicating with others.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Norell is committed to providing equal employment to all qualified individuals. All conditions of employment are administered without discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.